Cards of the day! The anima and the lily, from the Seventh Sphere Lenormand. The anima is all things femme, within ourselves and other people. She's paired with the lily, which represents both sensuality and morality. Lilies like this always make me think of their smell—completely heady, overwhelming perfume.
What I take from this is that today the mood is HIGH FEMME—whatever kind of femme appeals to you, just REVEL in it, and celebrate the femmes around you. 😘
this is the Bes of Good Vibes. favorite to invite humor, boost to banish evil.
And #Hermes is canon queer and a god of thieves so.
4) pour out the liquor and light the incense respectfully. Tell the spirits that you hope they accept this humble sacrifice, and that you ask for their help in your affairs. Tell them what you need, and remember to be absolutely sincere (also no harm, et al).
5) when you're done talking, listen.
6) when you think its time to leave, clean up and thank the spirits for coming.
7) dont look back.
Ave Hekate. I hope this tech helps you out. Boosts welcome.
1) show up at your local semi-spoopy spot, reasonably clean and not smelling of anything off-putting (like cigarette smoke).
2) feel it out if your presence is welcome (or at least accepted). If not, politely excuse yourself and leave.
3) call on your patrons and allies to help aid you in your work. Do minimal banishing - you are, after all, a visitor.
discourse, lgbt/wlw community, terf mention
I hate, hate, hate, hate the current trend of people (esp. cis + non-transfeminine enbies) going around and saying that Random Discourse Stance X they don't agree with is "a terf thing", just because it's 'exclusionary' of something. Like. Terfs are not generic evil cartoon villains who believe in whatever you think is wrong, they are a very precise group of people with a very precise ideology founded on very precise elements (gender essentialism, transphobia and transmisogyny, etc) and as a community we already have enough problems not spreading their dogwhistles and cryptomessages without obfuscating it further.
Being nonbinary is a unique experience.
As such, it's ok if you don't always feel the same or even similar to other lgbtq/queer people because you are nonbinary.
We hold this community together to share our similarities, but also to enjoy our differences.
Felt like talking about non-binary stuffs. This chart is an approximation model, not a rule, b/c gender isn't a consistent spectrum and masc and fem societal interpretations change per culture.
But it does address agender, which is divorced from a masc to femme dichotomy.
For me x= about 1.5
But Y is about... a whopping 5 meaning more of a removed experience from relating and applying gendered norms to the self as well as relating very well to them or even enjoying them.
In the foreseeable future, pronouns have entirely replaced dropdown gender boxes. People respect them and each other, and there are protections built into the very fabric society. We're raised on the knowledge that gender is what you make of it, and that others that you don't understand are still to be made welcome as our neighbors.
And it is a future I will fight for.
She/them. 40. Bloodsucking phlebotomist, polytheist animist spirit worker, queer and trans and enby nerd. Εκάς, Ω Εκάς, εστέ βέβηλοι!
A witchy space for most any face! Whether a witch or a witch-respecter, join the coven that is free of fash, TERFs, feds, and bigots